How do I take care of my hot tub? What do I do?
The number one thing you should do is test you hot tubs water.
- Test for your sanitizer (Chlorine, Bromine, or Nature 2), PH, and Alkalinity levels. Test 2-3 times a week. Use Test Strips to Test with. Follow the directions on the test strip container.
- If necessary, adjust the PH level. To raise the PH use PH Increaser (Soda Ash) to Lower use PH Down (Acid). Follow the directions on the product container.
- If using Bromine, check you Bromine dispenser to make sure you have tablets refill as needed. If you levels are low you can add granular Bromine for an immediate boost. Follow the directions on the container.
- If using Chlorine, to increase you sanitizer level add granular Chlorine for an immediate boost. Follow directions on the conainer.
- If using Nature 2, add 1-3 tablespoons of non-chlorine Spa Shock before each use of Hot tub. Wait 15 minutes before entering the spa.
- For clear, sparkling, and fresh water, treat your spa every two weeks with non-chlorine Spa Shock. Follow the directions on the container.
- Clean your cartridge filter at least once a month. Remove it from the spa, use a filter cleaner one it and follow the instrustions on the cleaner. Rinse thourughly. Replace filters once a year.
- Drain your hot tub and refill water at least four times a year. You may use a non-abrasive bathroom cleaner to clean diffucult areas. Rinse well before refilling.
- Clean you Hot Tub cover with water and then use 303 Protectant to keep it water-proofed and looking good. Spa covers need replaced 3-5 years depending on conditions and treatment.